Teach with Us!
Thank you for your interest in teaching at South Seattle College's Continuing Education Department! We are committed to improving the quality and variety of the learning
opportunities we offer to our community. We are always interested in receiving new class proposals and we want to teach what people want to learn.
Our program is geared to the adult learner and includes both business and personal enrichment courses. We seek creative, innovative and enticing classes to engage our
audience. We look for passionate, knowledgeable, organized and articulate instructors with proven teaching skills; you need not have a teaching degree, but experience teaching adults is preferred.
Our Continuing Education course listing is included in South Seattle College's quarterly class schedule; delivered to over 70,000 households in the West and South Seattle areas. We
list our classes here, on our website. We also make people aware of our classes throughout the quarter directed at our adult learning audience. Your participation in getting the word out about your class is critical. You know your audience best.
Then we'll need the following information from you:
1. Tell us about your class
- Class name - short, descriptive, clearly identifies class subject
- Online class description - stimulating what students gain & how
- Class length & time - how many sessions? session start/end time?
- Submit a class syllabus - what will be taught in each class session
- What (if any) required textbooks are needed
- What (if any) supplemental class handouts are provided
- What (if any) computer, other equipment, sink, etc. do you need
2. Tell us about your audience
- Does your class fit our West Seattle adult audience?
- Know what we offer... what makes your class different?
- Who would take your class? Where do they live?
- Do you have an audience base to draw from (mailing list, etc)?
- What advanced or next-step classes would your audience want?
- What classes already offered at South would your audience take?
3. New classes require extra marketing effort to run the first time
- Your commitment - what will you do to promote your class?
- Your suggestions - how to reach your target audience
- College catalog description - brief to-the-point class description
4. Tell us about your teaching
- Why do you want to teach this class?
- Why do you want to teach at South?
- What is your experience in this subject matter & instruction in general?
Download and complete our class proposal form and instructor biography form. Mail them along with your proposed class syllabus and other information to
Sally Romero, Program Specialist at South Seattle College (see full mailing address below).
All class proposals are reviewed by our Curriculum and Instruction Committee. If the committee recommends further investigation and consideration of your class, we will contact you to clarify any questions we may have and to set up an interview. If your class proposal is accepted, we will work with you to polish your class syllabus and class description, schedule dates and times for the class, determine a class fee, determine your compensation and complete your hiring paperwork.
Future Class Proposal Due Dates:
- Summer Quarter, 2019 - March 20, 2019
- Fall Quarter, 2019 - June 20, 2019
- Winter Quarter, 2020 - September 20, 2020
- Spring Quarter, 2020 - January 20, 2020
Thank you for your interest in teaching at South Seattle College's Continuing Education program.
(206) 934-6782 or email@example.com
South Seattle College
6000 16th Avenue SW, OLY 130
Seattle, WA 98106